To provide cost free equine assisted activities to first responders . These activities have an informal setting (peer supported equine activities) and formal (evidence based care) via a network of vetted and certified participating stables.
*100 % cost free, no insurance required.
*100% confidential (we are a pass thru not for profit organization)
*100% choice of participating location for the first responder.
Normally, the average civilian experiences four (4) traumatic incidents in their lifetime while our first responders average eight hundred (800).
Sadly, trends indicate
* that more First Responders will die by suicide, than killed in the line of duty this year.
Law Enforcement Studies/Surveys:
* 90 percent said there is a stigma in law enforcement that creates a barrier to seeking help for emotional or behavioral health issues.
* 61 percent are haunted by recurring or unwanted memories of incidents.
* 52 percent have experienced family and relationship problems
* 17 percent contemplated suicide
* 28 percent for feeling life is not worth living
* 10.4 percent for serious suicidal ideation, and 3.1 percent for past suicide attempts
Symptoms of PTSD include:
First Responders are at an increased risk for depression, physical injuries, substance abuse, and sleep problems, which in turn can affect thoughts and actions.
Be the first to hear about upcoming special events.
Copyright © 2023 Rising Star Ranches NFP - All Rights Reserved.
19614 S. LaGrange Rd. Mokena, IL 60448
RISING STAR RANCHES NFP PHONE (708) 620-2203
IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING AN EMERGENCY DIAL 911
National Suicide and Crisis Lifeline Dial 988 on your phone
International Law Enforcement Officers' Hotline (24/7, CONFIDENTIAL services) COPLINE: 1-800-267-5463
Chicago Equine Therapy and Activities for First Responders Rising Star Ranches